Do you need advice about administration of a Special Needs Trust in Woodland Hills? Our lawyers have over 26 years of experience advising trustees about special needs trust administration. Mina N. Sirkin advises Woodland Hills parents and grandparents about the details in preparing a special needs trust in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles areas.
Top 10 Tips in Administering Special Needs Trusts:
- Set up a Trust file, and read it several times.
- Create a trust inventory.
- Carry adequate insurance.
- Contact a financial advisor who is familiar with the Prudent Investor Rule.
- Have an accountant do your accounting. Have him/her set up a quarterly upload of all of the trusts financial statements so you do not have to rush at the end of the year.
- Communicate with the beneficiary, if possible. If beneficiary cannot communicate, talk to caregivers, conservators and other family members to get updates of on how the beneficiary is doing at least once every two months.
Attorney Mina N. Sirkin has helped thousands of Woodland Hills residents in administering trusts. Ms. Sirkin is a California Board Certified as a Specialist attorney in Trust law by the State Bar of California, and regularly writes about special needs trusts administration and formation. Contact: 818.340.4479 and Info@SirkinLaw.com