What kind of lawyer do you need for someone with dementia? Sirkin Law Group | 818.340.4479
A person with dementia may need several kinds of attorneys at the same time, depending on the circumstances:
1. Sometimes, the person who is taking care of the person with dementia looks for an estate lawyer. In the early stages of dementia, a good estate planning attorney can create documents which can avoid a conservatorship.
2. Other times, a Conservatorship attorney should be hired by the person taking care of the alzheimer/ dementia patient to evaluate the need for a conservatorship.
3. An elder abuse attorney is sometimes needed to assert the claims of the elderly whose assets have been wrongfully taken by another person.
4. A Medi-Cal planning or elder law attorney is also someone who may be consulted to determine if the elder may be qualified for longterm care Medi-Cal and asset protection.
At Sirkin Law Group, our attorneys are well-versed in all of the above areas. We strive to provide all legal services needed by elderly and families affected by dementia or Alzheimers. Call our Certified Specialist Attorney, Mina Sirkin, at 818.340.4479 to assist you with the exact services needed. Our Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley offices can help you. Woodland Hills, Glendale, Pasadena, Los Angeles CA. Los Angeles Probate Lawyer
Single Amendments: In most cases, single amendments to a trust help clarify the trustor's intentions.
Multiple Amendments: There are times where multiple amendment reflect a trustor who is under pressure by others to make a change, or one who simply cannot make up his/her mind. Multiple Amendment within a short period of time, form the largest number of litigated cases in the trust and estate planning areas.
What should you do to clarify your intentions?
1. State the reason why you are making a change.
2. Identify troubled persons in your family and discuss those with your attorney.
3. Implement methods of distribution of assets which are consistent with your trust, or leave very specific instructions why some assets are to be distributed via different methods.
Mina Sirkin is a Living Trust Attorney in Los Angeles, Ca. Ms. Sirkin is Certified as a Specialist Attorney in California Probate, Estate Planning and Trust Law. https://SirkinLaw.com. Tel.: 818-340-4479.
While many firms prepare living trusts, there are few which administer and settle living trusts. Trust administration after death is as important, if not more important, than the creation of the trust. Many small details can derail the proper distribution of the trust assets and we are equipped to handle the administration as well as the creation of trusts with ease and expertise. We are here for you during life and maintain a life-long relationship with you and your family. Our Wealth Protection Attorneys can assist your heirs in continuous protection of your hard-earned wealth. Our Los Angeles Trust Administration attorneys have represented four generations of clients in wealth planning and can provide help during a very difficult time.
Mina N. Sirkin is a Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California. Ms. Sirkin practices in Los Angeles County, California.
Los Angeles Living Trust Formation: Creation and Administration of living trusts (Revocable Trusts) has become a very important aspect of the practice of estate planning, as the courts in California are not equipped with the time resources for the generation of baby boomers which are approaching their later years. A Living Trust can help by allowing the family to privately administer and distribute the assets of the decedent in the most economic and time efficient manner. The process of creating a trust generally takes two appointments, a small effort to avoid the process of probate. To request a family information package which lists the documents which you need to create a California Living Trust, click this link and we will be happy to email or mail you our family information package. Our Woodland Hills Living Trust Attorneys can assist you in protecting your family and your loved ones from the expenses of Probate. Call us for more information and ask for an appointment with our Wealth Protection Attorneys.