Probate Attorney Los Angeles: Mina Sirkin is a Los Angeles Certified Specialist lawyer who handles beneficiary rights, trust and probate litigation matters in California:
Estate and trust beneficiaries often do not know their rights under California law.
Protecting a beneficiary's claims and objections in trust and probate litigation matters involves taking immediate action. Waiting too long to respond or object to petitions can often detrimentally affect the rights of beneficiaries.
If you are a trust or estate beneficiary, you should know about the following rights:
1. Right to receive advice from an independent attorney. Do not rely on advice given by the trustee or executor's attorney who does not represent you.
2. Remember that if you don't question an action by a trustee or executor, you will waive your rights as to that action.
3. Review the trust or will with an experienced trust and probate attorney for impact on your interest.
4. File any necessary objections timely and watch for no contest clauses.
5. Ask for an accounting in writing and keep a copy of your letter requesting the same.
6. If you don't get a response to a request for an accounting, call your lawyer immediately.
When needing counsel to review your documents, contact Beneficiary Rights Lawyers, Sirkin and Sirkin. Our Certified Specialist in Probate Litigation in Los Angeles, California can assist you. Contact us at: 818-340-4479. http://www.SirkinLaw.com. Probate Attorney Los Angeles.